Saturday, January 5, 2008

Week One on Weight Watchers . . .

Well, my first week as a Weight Watcher is almost over. It's not nearly as hard as I thought it would be, and it is so much harder than I thought it would be at the same time. It has been an enlightening experience. I always knew I wasn't eating very healthfully, but I had no idea how badly I was eating until I started watching so closely. For example, I get 22 "Points" per day, and an Awesome Blossom at Chili's is 75. Granted, that's if you eat the whole thing alone, but I have been known to eat half of one, which would be my food for a day and a half.

The most frustrating part has been having to accept artificial sweeteners into my life, at least on a small scale. I'm not fond of this, but I get tired of fruit, and if I want anything else sweet without blowing my whole day's allowance, then I'm going to have to get used to using some artificial sweeteners.

The biggest blow, however, has been having to give up lattes. I refuse to drink one of those with artificial sweetener it it, and to drink it normally, even with non fat milk, would still take the place of an entire meal.

My first test will be tonight. My husband has a dinner with the work kids that we are going to tonight at Feldman's Fieldhouse. Am I really supposed to walk in their and NOT order Fried Zucchini? I just don't know . . .

New Year's Resolution Update: I've read my Bible every night since New Year's Day, I've created my reading list and am nearly through with one book on it, I've blogged 3 times this week so far. I've worked out twice (and Lord, help me, I am SO SORE!!!) and my 2nd semester of coursework is paid for. So far, so good . . .

No comments: