Sunday, January 13, 2008

Like a child . . .

Ok, so I have to argue with Chelsey a bit concerning items from childhood. Crayons. . . well . . . they're ok. They definitely take you back and take your mind off of things.

But they've got NOTHING on swings!

A walk in the park and a wild hair landed me in the seat of an old chain swing, and I don't remember having a lousy mood improved so quickly. Swinging really is good for the spirit! Up . . . down . . . up . . . down . . . repeat as desired. I even found myself contemplating trying to jump out of the seat at peak height. Don't worry, I quickly remembered that my 30 year old bones probably don't bend like they used to and that I probably don't roll as well as I did when I was 9. Sure thought about it, though!

So I've gotten a bit behind on some of my goals for this year. I got stalled in my book because I can't locate it at the moment, and I came home 3 nights in a row and simply crashed, which killed my "5 minutes a day" Bible time. I plan to get caught up this week, though. The second semester towards my degree starts tomorrow, and if all goes according to plan I will see a successful drop in pounds when I weigh in on Tuesday. I blew quite a few of my points last night at Buffalo Wild Wings, but my fellow weight watchers would be proud: I still have a weekly point left, unlike last week! I would be in really great shape if I could let go of the beer. (That was an easy 12 points.) I just don't know if I can. I already gave up my lattes and frozen coffees . . . and french fries . . . and cheeseburgers . . . but, hey, that's what those extra points are for, right? To allow me to occasionally indulge in those things that I love that I can't have on a regular basis anymore.
I think the March of Dimes 5K is in either April or May, and a couple of friends and I are going to sign up for it. Anyone else care to join us?

No comments: