Monday, January 7, 2008

Let's Talk About Chicken Fried Steak . . .

I love chicken fried steak. It is amazing how something so simple can make one so happy. I mean, it's a cut of meat that most people outside of the southern United States will not touch. But it is just so good in it's deep fried, breaded, greasy goodness.

Which leads me to the follow up to Saturday night's Weight Watcher test. I would have been ok at the place we were scheduled to go, if that place had honored the room that had been reserved for us. But, alas, they gave it away, and we were forced to go to the only place that said they would get 20 people seated in a fairly reasonable amount of time: Green Chili Willy's.

Have you heard of it? No? Oh, my. You must visit the place soon. (But not if you are on Weight Watchers and have as little self control as I do.)

You see, Green Chili Willy's serves steaks, burgers, and a couple of grilled chicken dishes. But I was weak, and having consumed multiple portions of chicken over the week, I just couldn't do it. So I blew it. I ordered Chicken Fried Steak. And gravy. And a baked potato. Yes, with butter, cheese, and bacon. Did I mention the beer I had with it? And the Caramel Macchiato I had my husband buy me on the way back into town? Oh, but it made me so happy?

Not even a week in and I failed so miserably. But at least my week starts over in the morning and the dark red "WEEKLY POINTS EXCEEDED" notification will disappear from the top of my login screen on the Weight Watchers site!! (No, I'm not going to tell you by how much, because I don't know. By the time I entered my double serving of chicken fried steak and the potato, I stopped. I didn't want to know. Nothing I could do about it at that point, anyway, right?)

So I started over Sunday morning. Been on track ever since!!

Happy Eating!

No comments: