Sunday, January 20, 2008

Not Much to Say. . .

So, nothing really blog-worthy has happened this week. . . except maybe my loss of approximately 9 more IQ points. Bill has desperately wanted to watch Superbad since the first time he saw the trailer for it. So, alas, I gave in and we watched it last night.

Holy . . . freakin' . . . crap. Do you know what it feels like to have a brain cell pop? I do. I felt it several times last night during the movie. I would like to put out there the theory that it is not what the government refers to as our "mediocre" education system that is sending our future into the pits of stupidity. It is movies such as Superbad.

Anyway, on to more intelligent topics. . . I'm doing pretty well on the working out thing. Although I aim to do SOMETHING every day, I pretty consistently work out 4 times a week. Even some of my friends that work out regularly have commented that they sure see me at the gym a lot lately. (Thanks, Jerry!!)

I have discovered, however, in creating a workout regimen, that there are some days every week that I just cannot do much. Saturdays, for example. Every Saturday I come home feeling like a failure because I give up after 20 minutes. I'm just too tired. It doesn't matter what I did the night before, or how much sleep I got, or what time of day I go. I have decided that Saturday is just going to have to be my "blow off, do nothing day." I've discovered on Saturdays that I really want to do nothing but get up, watch TV in my pajamas, for a few hours, shower, take a nap, play on the computer, maybe do some schoolwork, and then hang out with friends that evening. As each week goes by, I see that I really don't have the energy on Saturdays to do much else. Maybe this is indeed the Lord telling me that Saturday is the true Sabbath and that this is to be my day of rest. After all, on Sunday's I'm good to go. I can work out for 1-2 hours, go to the store, clean house . . . Or maybe I'm just a bum looking for an excuse not to do anything on Saturdays. Who knows. I'd like to find a good stretching and flexibility video. Something I can do on Saturdays without blowing my whole day, but something that doesn't require just a whole lot of energy.

Of course, If I'm ever going to complete 5 kilometers in a reasonable amount of time, I'm going to have to do better than that. I haven't even completed 5 kilometers yet!!

Tomorrow is a staff development day. I'm sure I'll have more to write then!

No comments: