Monday, July 27, 2009

Quotes and Exchanges from a Weekend with the Nephews. . .

Rather than bore you with the synopsis of the weekend, I am just going to share some witty little tidbits of conversation between my 7 year old and 10 year old nephews and Bill and I from last weekend. The only particular order these are in is the order in which I remember them.

Leslie: "Do you know what I will do if you spill that drink in my car?"
Connor (7): "Take me in the bathroom, turn me upside down, and give me a 'twirlie?'"
***************

Sean (10): "Can we go to Logan's for dinner?"
***************

After Connor has been quizzing me about his church for awhile, asking questions such as "Do we have a flat screen?" and "Do we have video games?" --

Sean: "The answer to every question you ask her is yes!"
Connor: "Do we have a camel that kicks you as you walk in?"
***************

Leslie: "Since Sean picked where we are going for lunch, Connor, you can pick what we get for dessert."

. . . after lunch . . .

Connor: "I'm full. I don't want dessert."
Leslie: "Ok. Sean, what do you want for dessert."
Connor: "But you said I could pick!"
Leslie: "But you aren't going to eat any. . ."
Connor: "But you said I could pick."
Sean: "He's right. You said he could pick."
***************

At the pool, where Sean has been standing on top of the water slide for 15 minutes and is still dry:

Leslie: "Are you ok?"
Sean: "Yes."
Leslie: "Are you going to slide down, or are you going to hang out up there and work on your tan all day?"
Sean: "There's no lifeguard up here." (Mind you, there are 5 life guards on duty and only about 20 kids in the entire pool. Just no lifeguard at the top of the slide that only 3 kids are using.)
Leslie: "So?"
Sean: "Well, somebody's got to be in charge! These people don't know how to read!"
***************

Sean: "Can we eat at Logan's?"
***************

Leslie, in a text to Bill: "Gold Star for you Uncle Bill. You let one nephew snow you into renting video games that are for the PS3, which coincidentally, has only one controller."
Bill: "Don't let him fool you. One of those is for the Wii." (which has multiple controllers.)
Leslie: "My bad. I asked the other nephew why he wasn't playing, and he told me they were both for the PS3. I wonder who he got that idea from????"
***************

Here's one especially for those of you that know about the drama that ensues everytime I have to put my dogs outside--

Connor: "Abbey and Zoey wanted in so I let them in."
Leslie: "But I just put them out. And we are about to leave!"
***************

Leslie: "So, Sean, do you not like to swim and jump off of the diving board anymore?"
Sean: "Not really."
Leslie: " Then what do you do when you go to the pool?"
Sean: "Work on my tan, watch people, and push girls in the pool."
Leslie: "You push girls in the pool, or you watch people push girls in the pool?"
Sean: "Both."
***************

Sean: "Can we go eat at Logan's?"
***************

I truly may never be ready to be a parent. I adore my nephews and am even a little sad that I didn't get my 14 year old one for the weekend. But I would be lying if I said I did not relish in the utter silence that consumed my house that night. :)

No comments: