Friday, August 3, 2007

I'm Putting a Junk Mail Container Beside My Mailbox

Of all the Junk Mail I have received in my mailbox throughout my life, I cannot remember a time when I ever thought, "Wow! I can't believe my luck! I was just hoping with every fiber of my soul that this ad would appear in my mailbox, and there it is!!"

And why is it that when you sign up for something on the Web, that organization gets license to not only pummel you with Junk E-mail, but also fill your snail mail box at the same time?

The reason I bring this up (sorry, darkness reigns again) is that here I am, 2 weeks from what should have been my due date, and even though I unsubscribed to all of the cute little pregnancy newsletters I had signed up for, my mailbox is still filled daily with ads for diapers, samples of formula, and . . . this is the one that did me in today . . . requests for DONATIONS for newborn prematurity research. Not from a reputable organization like the March of Dimes, mind you, but some organization I've never heard of.

So here is my thoughts: If my e-mail can filter out junk mail into a separate folder, and do so relatively effectively, my post man should do the same. He can drop all junk mail into the basket beside my mailbox, and once every couple of weeks I can either go through it or trash it, just like my e-mail junk mail folder!! It's perfect!!!

No comments: