Thursday, August 23, 2007

Eminent Doom . . .

Not really . . . I always just liked the word "eminent." It's a cool word!

I cannot believe that school is upon me. It is Thursday, and the kids start on Monday. Never in my 7 years of teaching have I been this unprepared this close to the first day. I am one of those teachers that goes up 4 weeks before we have to. By the time we officially have to report, my room is completely done (and probably rearranged 4 or 5 times), my lesson plans for the first 6 weeks are done, and my copies for the first two weeks are done.

OHHHHH MY!! NOT THIS TIME!! I haven't even finished my room yet, and don't get me started on lesson plans! I don't know what has been so different about this coming year . . . what could possibly have so diminished my motivation. Is it burn out? Did I just get too spoiled this summer by not having to do anything? Hmmmm . . .

I went to a really great training this week that I got so many great ideas from . . . and yet I can't force myself to sit down and organize those ideas into something coherent and usable. AARRRGGHH!! I hate the feeling that I would rather be cleaning my toilet than lesson planning.

Did I mention that my precious Zoey ate my skiing ear muff this morning?

I am so overwhelmed this year. My responsibilities include:
-Teaching 2 honors history classes
-Teaching one non-honors class
-Coaching 2 volleyball teams(and all of the opportunities to assist the high school teams)
-Technology Committee
-Wellness Committee (We had to pick a couple of committees.)
-Mentor a 6th grader
-"team leader" for 7th grade social studies (which is just a really nice way of saying that I get to be responsible for all the paperwork and documentation.)

The first three are given, but I can honestly say that if I had known the other three would be placed on my shoulders, I would have put off beginning my master's degree yet again.

I need prayer. I need prayer that I will find joy in the midst of all of this so that I can stop reading back over my blogs, disgusted with myself and how much I tend to whine lately.

No comments: